Hope is a precious and rare treasure in the world today. It seems people are living without hope in so many ways. The darkness of this world has impacted our belief system. The spiritual enemy of our soul has deceived us and made us place our hope in things that are sure to fail us. And they do leaving us in a hopeless state.
You are not hopeless!
A believer in Christ, should never be hopeless or without hope. A believer in Christ should be like Christ and find his or her sustenance in God’s will and Word. (See John 4:31-33 and Matthew 4:4)
When Jesus faced His spiritual enemy, He won the battle by trusting and believing in the truth of God’s word. (See Matthew 4:1-11)
Are you struggling to find hope in light of dire circumstances? Have you placed hope in something this world offers and found it only left you more hopeless? Is someone you love desperately in need of hope? Follow the example of Christ. Find your true sustenance in the will and Word of God. Combat the lie of your spiritual enemy with the truths of God’s word.
A Specified Word of Hope Defeats What Appears Hopeless
In Ephesians 6:11-17 we see the whole armor of God. Ephesians 6:17 says that the sword of the Spirit is the word of God. The original Greek language term used for word is not logos (the whole or entirety of God’s word) as I assumed, but rhema. Rhema speaks of a specific word, a word that is specified for a specific thing.
Therefore, I have listed 25 Psalms of hope. Use these Scripture verses as the specified word of God over any areas of hopelessness trying to creep in and take over in your mind or life.
Pray them. Believe them. Meditate on them. Treasure them and trust in them to defeat your spiritual enemy and watch hopeless walk out the door of your life.
25 Psalms of Hope for the Hopeless
- Psalm 16:9 – Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope.
- Psalm 31:24 – Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
- Psalm 33:17– A horse is a vain hope for safety; neither shall it deliver any by its great strength.
- Psalm 33: 18 – Behold the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy.
- Psalm 33:22 – Let Your mercy, O Lord be upon us, just as we hope in You.
- Psalm 38:15 – For in You, O Lord, I hope; You will hear, O Lord my God.
- Psalm 39:7 – And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You.
- Psalm 42:5 – Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.
- Psalm 42:11 – Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.
- Psalm 43:5 – Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.
- Psalm 62:10 – Do not trust in oppression, nor vainly hope in robbery; if riches increase, do not set your heart on them.
- Psalm 71:5 – For You are my hope, Oh Lord God; You are my trust from my youth.
- Psalm 71:14 – But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more.
- Psalm 78:7 – That they may set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep His commandments.
- Psalm 119:49 – Remember the word to Your servant, upon which You have cause me to hope.
- Psalm 119:81 – My soul faints for Your salvation, but I hope in Your word.
- Psalm 119:114 – You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.
- Psalm 119: 116 – Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; and do not let me be ashamed of my hope.
- Psalm 119: 147 – I rise before the dawning of the morning and cry for help; I hope in Your word.
- Psalm 119: 166 – Lord I hope for Your salvation, and I do Your commandments.
- Psalm 130:5 – I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.
- Psalm 130:7 – O Israel, I hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption.
- Psalm 131:3 – O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forever.
- Psalm 146:5 – Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God.
- Psalm 147:11 – The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His mercy.