Thank you for visiting my Speaking Topics page. If you do not see a topic that fits your event, I will prayerfully consider your theme and share a biblically based message that connects with your specific needs for your event.
Speaking topics can be 1-3 sessions for a brief luncheon, a half day or full day conference, or weekend retreat.
Thirsty Woman With A Messy Life is the story of the woman at the well from John 4. I weave our life stories together in a unique and relevant way that identifies with women and the struggles we commonly face.
- We identify with the thirsty woman in need of what only Jesus can give and experience an encounter with the only One who can quench her thirst. Finally, we see how this one woman’s encounter changed her world and the lives of others as her transformation compelled her to live unashamedly for Jesus.
Equipping and Empowering Today’s Woman prepares women for the spiritual battles we face. We live in a culture of unmatched seduction and deception. Evil influences bombard our senses everyday. Too many women live defeated because of a lack biblical knowledge and not being aware of how Satan works.
- In this Bible study, we will learn how to recognize the battle, how our spiritual enemy operates, and how to identify specific traits of the Lord invaluable to our victory. We will address possible weaknesses, personal potential, and effective weapons available to us in Scripture.
One Touch; One Passion is the story of the woman with the issue of blood in Mark 5:25-34. Her story reminds us that we all have issues. I connect the woman’s unclean state to my own sexual assault experience as a young teenager. Connecting my story with hers helps other women identify where their own story intersects
- In this message, we recognize the safety of coming to Jesus with our issues and how facing our issues and reaching out by faith to experience Jesus’ healing leads us to wholeness.
God’s Word, His Light, and My Path is based on Psalm 119:105. King David is the author of this Psalm. David treasured God’s word because he understood the impact of God’s word in His life
- In this message, I break down the passage in detail where we see how personal, practical and powerful God’s word is in our life. We learn that God’s Word is the place where God meets with His people and invites us to an intimate relationship with Him.
My Maker And Me is a look at God as our Creator and Potterand the clay, His people. Pottery is used throughout Scripture to reveal who God is and how He works with His people. Christian women learn from looking at the basics of pottery and understanding how God is at work in our life.
- In my first pottery class, my teacher said, “Foundation is crucial,” which reminds me of the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:24-27. We will focus on having the right foundation and the various stages of pottery making and how it correlates to our journey with Christ as He shapes us into a beautiful and usable vessel.
Experiencing The Overthrow – In John 10:10,Jesus said that He came to give His people life, and life more abundantly. The life He offers overthrows our greatest expectations of life. What does it take to experience that overthrow?
- I share from my own personal journey of learning to live above and beyond my own expectations of life, to enjoy real life, and to experience the true life Jesus intended. We all have storms, but we are meant to walk on water.
Chains is my personal testimony where I use a powerful visual incorporating chains to demonstrate how I was bound by sin. I share how Jesus took me from a dark pit to the bright place of His salvation, freedom, and total trust.
Because God’s Word transformed my life, I want women to know the power of His word. My story inspires and encourages Christian women to pursue wholeness and apply God’s word to their everyday life.
Chains can be shared with any other speaking topics.
“HOW TO” WORKSHOPS:
DIG Workshop – DIG is a How to Study the Bible workshop. Many Christian women feel that they should know the Bible, but struggle with understanding and grasping its message. Pat takes basic elements from her book, DIG and helps women grow in their ability to read and rightly divide God’s Word.
- In this workshop you will gain practical knowledge, available resources, and learn study processes that will help break down barriers and impact your understanding. This workshop is for women who will never attend seminary but want to study the Bible in a way that is practical and beneficial to their everyday lives.
Designing Your Ministry –This workshop can be for your current ministry team or for the pool of people from which your leadership will come. This originally was designed to help a women’s ministry team get started. When God called me into ministry, I had no idea what to do or how to go about developing a working ministry team. When God calls us to ministry, we often feel ill-equipped in the practical elements of getting started.
- In this workshop I teach Seven Steps to Getting Your Ministry Started. This can help anyone or any team get started or possibly give a recharge to an existing ministry. We start with the calling and go all the way through the planning stages.
MEN’S OR MARRIAGE EVENT OR RETREAT
Is My Heart Safe With You? – This is the question every woman wants her man to answer. While I believe God has specifically called me to minister to women, I also speak to men who are husbands, who will be husbands giving them insight into the hearts and needs of the wives. I call this my back door approach to ministering to women. If I can speak truth into their husbands lives, I can touch and minister into the lives of the wives.
- I speak open and vulnerable from my first two failed marriages and from the lessons and changes I have made and experienced in my current marriage of twenty-three years. I know how to fail in marriage and I have learned how to be successful in marriage.
INTRODUCE OR CONCLUDE A BIBLE STUDY
If your group chooses to use any one of my Bible studies, I will come teach your introductory lesson or conclusion of your study. Published Bible studies that are readily available for groups are: Quest For Wholeness; Equipped and Empowered; and DIG.
Other studies that I have written and could be used are: My Maker and Me; Not Home Yet; and Words Matter. These studies would require six weeks to have printed and made available for your group.