Wholeness is hard work!
I can hardly believe we are at the end of our Quest for Wholeness Blog and Podcast series, but this is the last week!
Today is our final podcast for the series. My daughter Taylor Draughn and I have joined our different fields of experience and expertise of biblical teaching and Professional counseling. In our last podcast we looked at a New Testament story in John 5:1-8 of a man who needed healing and ultimately received that healing from Jesus during His earthly ministry.
Let’s revisit some of the main points we learned last week before we get started with the rest of the story.
We learned that:
- The story presented healing of the whole man.
- Healing can be physical, mental, and spiritual.
- Jesus came for the sick and the broken.
- Jesus was no respecter of persons.
- Whatever our issues are, our issues are not outside the realm of Jesus’ abilities or purpose.
- The man whom Jesus healed had a problem of dependence on artificial resources which kept him captive to his sickness.
Today we want to begin our study with the question, How long had this been going on?
The answer: 38 years
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes it is a tree of life.
Today we will talk about:
- The effects of being sick and in his physical state for such a long time.
- How we are affected by depending on man or a miracle rather than Jesus.
- The fact that we are all sick without Jesus.
- The necessity and importance of wise counsel when we are in a broken state.
- Dependence On And Obedience To Jesus Heals And Empowers us.
- Jesus prioritizing our spiritual health above our physical health.
- Laziness as related to the hard work of wholeness.
- John 5:1-14
- Proverbs 12:24, 27; 13:4, 15:19; 19:24; 20:4; 21:25; 22:13; 24:30-34; 26:13-16
Download The Hard Work of Wholeness Part 2 QFW Podcast 12 Listening Guide
And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
When we overcome the fears holding us down and trust in and obey the one true source, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we too will tread upon the plans of Satan and live the full life our God of peace intended for each of us!
As we finish this Quest for Wholeness blog and podcast series, we want to hear from you.
How has this helped you?
What issues would you like us to address in the future?